Friday, July 10, 2009

Bees and tiny insect.....

I am glad to see bees this year. I have seen a large number of them this summer. I have noticed some summers that there were very few. After my wife read the manual to our camera, I can now do decent close-ups. Our old camera had a macro setting on the circular dial for selection. They have a portrait button instead on the dial and the close-up button has to be clicked from the side. Manual reading is wonderful.
This little guy would never had shown up without the macro setting. My coneflowers are just now getting started. They look good with the daylilies.

5 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hey! reading a manual is sometimes a good thing! Your coneflowers are beautiful, as are all your visitors to them! We don't have as many bees as we used to, butterflies either, I always blame the corporate farming and their spraying. :(

Anonymous said...

It is a good macro shot to be sure. Macro shots often reveal things you didn't see when you took the photos. At least that is what I have discovered.

The Retired One said...

these are so pretty.
I love finding bugs in the photos when you load the macro shots on the computer!
Stop by my blog today, I have photos of dragonflies on there today!

claude said...

I did macros of flowers but with no bee. These beasts frighten me.

Jimmy said...

I'm with ya Larry, I just found out my camera does movies. Didn't have a clue! lololol

Jim

Big and Small...

 The miniature daffodils are so petite compared to the normal sized daffodil. I don't think I have ever brought the small ones inside be...