Sunday, July 12, 2009

Setting in weeds, waiting for rehab......

I have two things here that need to be rehabbed. The poor rose bush needs to be moved soon and the tower is a base of a windmill that my dad made probably twenty years ago. I haven't had time to really do the work to recreate the tower but it is on my to do list. I have the blades in the basement for the windmill part, they need to be worked on too. Dad gave me one of these and when he died I brought home the other one he made for himself. So I really have two of these to work on and get back to good shape. I like items to have some weathered look but I don't want to loose them due to over weathering either. I will get to them someday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice that you got your windmill as well as his. It should be a goal to get them both in working order. As you said.

54th Wedding Anniversary Today

L. D. said...

Yes, my one brother who lived in Iowa passed away and the other two brothers are in California and Arizona. This kind of thing is the last of their interests. They are busy making money.

The Retired One said...

it is so nice to keep that keepsake of your dad's and have it in your yard!

Reflection