Friday, July 24, 2009

Time to reflect.....

A part of the flavor of being on the Lake Superior is the bird life that comes with it. I am a critter person so I enjoy every minute of the show that the birds put on. Some people don't like the gulls but they do add an attraction for all us landlubbers. They belong next to the water.
We do have gulls in Iowa now as the man made lake six miles from us now has a gull population. One can see them in farm fields looking for worms after a farmer has plowed his field. They do not stay in the cities but once in a while you can look up and see them flying through.
When my wife and I sit on the North Shore and paint we find it a major part of the experience to have the loons floating by, fishing for food, and the seagulls watching our every move and flying over and calling. It is what makes the lake experience a great one. Also the little chipmunk crawling out from the bushes checking out the intruders is always fun.

2 comments:

claude said...

Nice réflection, Larry !
I saw some chipmunk in the City of rock. Soon on my blog.

The Retired One said...

Loved the reflection in this shot!

Reflection