Monday, July 6, 2009

Very Red....

I forget how red this lily is until it starts to bloom. Red is a favorite color of mine and this color is one that I most appreciate. It reminds me of my oldest brothers Candy Apple Red Mustang car that he bought in 1964. North of us is an arboretum. We have to weave to the west and then back east again to get to it as there isn't a straight road to it. It has been created on a farmsite close to us. Every year they have a lily sale and most years we go to it. They charge up to seventeen dollars for them but you do get to see them in bloom. At the back of the area they have a ten dollar, take a chance, area where they have lost the identity of the lilies so you buy it and see the next year what it is. They never have any bad colors.

2 comments:

The Retired One said...

Sounds like the kind of flower lotto I would love!
That is one pretty lily!

claude said...

Yes ! Very red with a heart very yellow.

Reflection