Saturday, August 22, 2009

At the fair......

It takes two photos today to get the job done. Fairs hire different people who come to be enhancement to the fair experience. Shows of a one man band will be playing up and down the streets all day, monkey grinders, and those kind of things. This gaggle of geese are bonded to this man and he herds them up and down the fair grounds daily.
He apparently bonded with them as young ones so they will stay with him. His honking sound is wonderful and they go walking down the streets and sidewalks with class all dressed up.
When interviewed on TV, he said that each goose had a personality and he decided to dress them up a little to fit that goose's character. My wife and I are exhausted and we were going to see the rabbits, but we stopped for an ice cream treat. God wanted me to see this guy because while I am resting and eating my treat, he went by herding his geese. I had camera in hand, set my ice cream down on the bench and acted like a crazy man getting all sorts of pictures. Life is good. I just loved this whole scene.

6 comments:

claude said...

Pretty geese !
And their master is amusing.
Goose is the emblem of the city of Ganderkesee in north germany, place where our friends live, near Bremen.

Anonymous said...

It is good to get the gaggle of geese at the fair. My daughter and granddaughter are going to the Great Darke County Fair today. I don't know what they will see there but they want to go early to see the animals. And they have quite a lot of farm animals to see. It should be a nice day about 71 degrees with sunshine. I don't think I can remember a nicer day for it than this is going to be. Nice post, Larry. I enjoyed it and the geese guy in particular.

The Retired One said...

I saw this on TV on the news!!!! We laughed when we saw it then...so cool that you got to see it in person!!

Alan Burnett said...

Great story and fabulous pictures,

Prospero said...

Hi Larry. I'm not surprised that each goose has a different character. Dogs and cats do, so why not geese!

Thanks for your concern. Bill passed through our area last night and caused only minor damage (broken branches, etc). Let's now focus our attention on your son in Maine. Hopefully the storm will dissipate by then. Otherwise, I sincerely hope that he'll make out all right.

Michele said...

Oh boy! How these geese made me giggle! =D
What a sight this is to be when eating an ice cream treat!!
I particularly love the geese with the pistol around his neck. Lord knows what sort of character that critter must have!!

Big and Small...

 The miniature daffodils are so petite compared to the normal sized daffodil. I don't think I have ever brought the small ones inside be...