Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Color and Line......




Top view of a great maple tree. When they reach this color, sadly the leaves start to fall. I hope we can keep them for the week. Below is the bottom view of this tree.





I like the lines of trees in winter but they are also stunning against the leaves also. My birch tree is about to reach it's peak of pure yellow but I will wait another day to shoot it. The sun has not shown much around here lately, but Sunday morning it was bright and beautiful. The sun can make these trees glow.
As a footnote, I plan to show you these trees in the snow. We pay for our beautiful trees by going into hibernation in the freezing cold and snow.

8 comments:

claude said...

Pretty colors !
Over here trees are green a little bit yet.
My japanese maple is not so yellow and the birch trees has some green leaves yet.

Alan Burnett said...

Yes I love the colours at this time of the year. Sadly it is quite wet over here and therefore you can't collect some of the more colourful leaves after they have fallen from the trees.

Anonymous said...

L.D.
The trees are beautiful now -I think we'll go for our color tour soon. Your maple tree is turning beautiful.
vickie

Valerie said...

Wow, I need sunglasses. Tremendous colours, my beech is nowhere near as colourful yet.

Prospero said...

Hi Larry. Your pictures keep getting better and better. I look forward to seeing the snowy pictures, too.

Sunny said...

Were we looking at the same tree? Ha-ha!
I love the way the sun illuminates the leaves. A lot of our trees are dropping leaves here.
Have a great day.
Sunny :)

The Retired One said...

I love the colored trees...especially the red maples! This yellow tree is gorgeous.

Ezhilan said...

The beautiful, bright colored leaves looks like colorful waves! I like the lighting on the trees.

Reflection