Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Outside in the snow......



As you can see the snow is here to stay.  I was out yesterday and filled the bird feeders.  I have a rabbit that likes to pick up the debris that the birds leave and I see him out there at night.





The rabbit trail that I created for our friendly furry beast.  As I am out working on the walkways, I can see the paths made by the rabbit all around our house.  He doesn't sink in too far and his tracks are so different than maybe a cat or dog would make.  I do need the path to the gate, but I thought it would help the rabbit to get to my backyard feeder.




This was a promising sight of the sun for a short time while  I was out shoveling.  The yew collects snow in an interesting way.

7 comments:

Sunny said...

I think you will have snow for a while longer. The sun is shining but it is very cold, I don't think we'll see grass until spring.
I really like your blue gate, especially with the white.
Sunny :)

The Retired One said...

Loved that last shot of the snow laden branch!

I left a message on your other blog, but I will repeat it here in case you didn't see it.
Stop by my blog today. I have something that might interest you...
And, if any other of your readers that love photography want to stop by, (at http://myretirementchronicles.blogspot.com) that would be great too!
Hope you consider entering in January!

Gigi Ann said...

Your pictures of the snow are lovely. I guess it will be a few weeks before the snow will be gone. I can't wait. In the meantime, I will enjoy your photos of snow.

OiseauBird said...

Hello ! How are you with so much snow ?
I am very impressed....living with snow around you !!!
in Florida it is much warmer
Wonderful to you to fix birds'feedsers and making a path for rabbit
Happy New Year

claude said...

A lot of snow in your garden, Larry ! Not here.
Thanks for the news and hello from Vickie.
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU AN YOUR TALENTED WIFE.

Charlotte Weychan said...

Wow, that's a lot of snow!! And we were complaining when we had a few inches a couple of weeks back! Happy New Year.

Far Side of Fifty said...

the Yew does collect it nicely..like icing:)

Reflection