Friday, January 1, 2010

Faces........



On my other blog, I have worked with a lot of faces that I found while wandering through the house.  This sculpture is a cheap one that I found at Hobby Lobby and I have another one just like it that I keep outside.

We don't really have access to anything better than plaster ones.  We do have concrete sculptures that are for sale with large lions, Herky the Hawk, and frogs and stuff, but concrete doesn't translate very well into classic sculpture. I am sure that I couldn't afford stone carved sculptures but I am always on the look out for something that has some refinement to it.

The photo was taken of the angel while it sat in the window sill.  It is back lit and the snow makes a very bright light that comes into the window.  I have always liked the expression on this guys face.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy New Year!

GLOGIRLY said...

Beautiful photo, Larry...
you'd never know it was an inexpensive Hobby Lobby sculpture. It looks like something old and weathered, something with soul.

Happy New Year!
Glogirly

The Retired One said...

Are you sure it is a boy face? I thought it looked like a little girl!
Either way, I liked it!

Reflection