Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Quite a pair........



My new tray bird feeder is quite a hit for our bird population. We had an unpredicted snow start last night with lots of wind and today it continues.

It looks good now out my dining room window as it warmed up a few days ago and I could pull the plastic strips that were put on the new window to protect the glass. It's a good idea so you don't scratch it during construction, but when it was so cold, it wouldn't come off the window. Now we have a clear view and I can take a few shots.

My little camera is a wonderful camera, but it will never take great photos of birds out my window. I will have to use my wife's camera for that. My Nikon doesn't even have a place for a tripod, but I can get a resemblance of an almost good picture of the birds.

The way that our creatures of this earth bond always amazes me. The have such strong pairing bonds greater sometimes than humans. The two in the photo are out there sharing in the search for the loose seed that I threw out with the three inches of snow that was in the tray feeder.

10 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

I think that's a lovely shot L.D. I always love how birds are in pairs too. We've seen the redbirds teach their young to eat from our bird feeder.

FlowerLady

Prospero said...

Quite a pair indeed. Nice shot, Larry.

Sunny said...

What a sweet pair. I love Mr.Cardinal's red against the snow.
Stay warm.
Sunny :)

GLOGIRLY said...

Hi Larry,
A very cute and happy couple. ; )
As a cat, I'm of course obsessed with birds.
Funny how with birds, the males have all the beautiful colors and the females are more plain. Maybe that's why Glogirly never goes out without her lip gloss. ; )

mew!
Katie
(Glogirly's cat)

Far Side of Fifty said...

I an SO jealous..we rarely get Cardinals..although our old neighbors used to years ago..I think they are odd ones just going through. They are beautiful ..you are truly blessed to have such beautiful birds at your house:)

Stephanie said...

Is that a red cardinal? I'm fascinated by them - I don't think they're a west coast bird. But I could certainly be wrong...

The Retired One said...

Sooo nice! I am STILL jealous. ha

D said...

They are a lovely pair Larry! Diana

Anonymous said...

Such pretty birds against the snowy backdrop. Living in Georgia, we don't see much snow.

Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats said...

Sweet...I am always amazed at the difference in plumage between male and female birds

Big and Small...

 The miniature daffodils are so petite compared to the normal sized daffodil. I don't think I have ever brought the small ones inside be...