Thursday, January 21, 2010

To Cheer You.....



I am reposting this photo of a bouquet that sat on a table in a Maine.  We were at Jordan House at Acacia National Park and it was cold and rainy. Inside on our table sat this vase of flowers to greet us.  The place had fresh popovers as their specialty and lots of good clam chowder. 
Some of you remember that I had just purchased my new Nikon the night before we flew to Maine. This shot was an experiment with the micro with the new camera.  It has been a blessing.
No matter what your weather is today, enjoy a lot of great color for these flowers. Click on the image and get yourself super colorized.

10 comments:

The Retired One said...

Very pretty, but I got more excited over all the hoarfrost photos you posted.....I LOVE hoarfrost photos, they are mesmerizing!

Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats said...

This is lovely...snapdragons are one of my favorite "childhood" flowers as you could make them look like bunny lips by pinching them open and closed...I'm not the only one who did that, am I?

Vivian aka Deborah said...

Very nice, Larry....good shot with your new camera and the micro lens.
Oh, BTW...I tagged you! Check out my blog, Snapshots for the details. heehee

Sunny said...

What a lovely bouquet and a reminder of what's to come.
Sunny :)

claude said...

Here is a very very beautiful bouquet, Larry.
A pretty blend of flowers and colors.

Bren Haas said...

WOW... that arrangement totally cheers me up! I think it is wonderful to go back and look at things that made a positive difference in our lives. SOmetimes it is better the second time around.

Happy Garden Sharing!
http://www.facebook.com/BGgarden

Gigi Ann said...

They are truly colorful and lovely, just the perker-upper I needed on such a dreary day. Only two more months until Spring and the crocus. Sometimes the crocus peeks its head through the ground in late February.

Kat Mortensen said...

Thank you! Just the ticket!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Beautiful spot of color! :)

Valerie said...

Larry, I'm glad you reposted this cheery floral picture. It's lovely.
My first and only taste of clam chowder was in the Boston Oyster House. Wonderful stuff!

Big and Small...

 The miniature daffodils are so petite compared to the normal sized daffodil. I don't think I have ever brought the small ones inside be...