Friday, February 19, 2010

Ice, glass, and an ink black sky......


I was out trying to get my camera to take a picture of the moon with it's open cup shape.  It was cold out there and it wasn't working. I turned and this ice formation was hanging there with it's weird striations of color. The neighbor's window is seen in the background.


To fit in with the theme, I will include another form of ice, a glass shape of an old ink bottle. 


A not successful picture of the moon but the tree reflects the house lights and the moon sort of shows it's open cup.  When it is warm outside at night and I don't have to stand in a foot of snow, I will get the camera settings figured for night shots.

5 comments:

Jimmy said...

Beautiful Larry!!!!!!

claude said...

I like the ice. Well seen, Larry !
I know it is not easy to make some good photos of the moon.

Kat Mortensen said...

The ice formation makes me think of sabre-toothed tigers.

The Retired One said...

Loved that icicle!

Gigi Ann said...

I like trying to take pictures of the moon. But, I know I don't have the right kind of camera, however, it doesn't stop me I take them anyway. I like your moon picture.

Reflection