Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A history in toys.......


I wanted to share this photo of a toy collection that I have among my treasures.  From a part of the "John and Iva" collections of things, was a circular cardboard ice cream container with lid.  Ice cream was sold in cylinder shapes in the 40's and it was a recycled box for these war toys.

The container was filled with these figures.  They gave them to me when I was in college. There are both WW 1 and WW 2  toys soldiers in this collection

I will blog more about these on my Larry's Creative Zone.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never seen any figures like these Larry. I'm on my way to your other post about them.

The Retired One said...

I like them..they beg me to picture little boys playing with them on the grass. ha

Far Side of Fifty said...

I find them very interesting! :)

Peony and Tulips....

  The flowers are getting a gentle rain this morning.  It  makes the soil and sub soil happier as our drought is less these days.