Sunday, March 28, 2010

Sunday stuff.......


After visiting the Des Moines Art Center, I decided that I need to not be so concerned about my perfection as a photographer.  Granted there is no excuse for bad photo work, but there is a place for the abstract images that create modern, abstract design. Modern design throws out realism in some cases and leans on only a couple of the elements of design instead of all of the six design elements.
So today I share a photo of a new mug, leaning on color, value, and shape.  The mug has a saying inside of it saying that it doesn't get any better than this.  On a good day, I will make it my goal to see if I can photograph it clear, just to see that it can be done.  Because it is on and inside curve, the light becomes a problem.  To mock what I just said, I will probably prove that I can do better than this.


This is the outside illustration on the mug.  Have a great Sunday.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great mug Larry! Hope you are enjoying this Sunday.

Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats said...

I like the shadows and light and hope your goal of perfecting it but not losing the good points comes to fruition...Ps: thanks for visiting my kitties blog so often and leaving sweet comments, I so enjoy them!

Anonymous said...

Happy Sunday to you too! The picture of Charlie and Snoopy makes me smile~

The Retired One said...

You did do it..and I love Snoopy!

Peony and Tulips....

  The flowers are getting a gentle rain this morning.  It  makes the soil and sub soil happier as our drought is less these days.