Sunday, March 14, 2010

Sunday.......

 A begonia that was in the greenhouse we visited, which was blooming profusely.  I always think  of my Aunt Eva Dovenspike when I see a begonia.  She and her husband lived on the top of a tree covered hill down in in the Chariton, Iowa area.  Her back door was very shady and in the summer she would grown twenty or more begonias that were always in bloom.  Their house sat on land that use to be native American Indian territory. They could pick up readily large amounts of artifacts on their farm as the Indians had winter there along the river in Lucas County.

6 comments:

Sunny said...

What a lovely Begonia, the color is so delicate. I can't wait for spring!
Sunny :)

The Retired One said...

We had an exchange student from Spain and her name was Begonia.
I have never tried growing them because they aren't perrenials, but I like them!

Hilary said...

Wow.. gorgeous. You make me feel very anxious for spring. :)

Far Side of Fifty said...

This is a beautiful begonia.. I wonder if it is the Dragon Wing Variety..once they start blooming they rarely quit:)

Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats said...

Begonias do seem kind of vintage and remind us of aunties, don't they. Fond memories!

Ezhilan said...

The flowers look beautiful. I like their shapes. It's interesting to be able to pickup artifacts from their form.

Tall and Short....

 At four in the morning and one is walking the empty hallways, one never knows what the camera might shoot.