Friday, May 7, 2010

Friday's findings........seeing green and white and green.


Green


Green and white


White and green.


Hostas continue to add great greens to the garden view.  The spirea was severely smashed down by heavy snow and ice. I wondered if it would have harmed it as I had never seen it to be so flattened down in the 33 years that I have lived here. I thought it would have snapped the branches.  It did come back up but it blooms in sections, at different times.  Usually the entire set of bushes burst into white all the same time.

6 comments:

claude said...

I saw a big hostas in my friend Julia's garden. I love this plant.
Your beautiful spirea looks like my choisya I'll show later.

Sunny said...

There is something so pleasant about white flowers and green leaves. Everything looks so lush.
Sunny :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful healthy hostas. I bet at dusk the spirea's little blossoms just glow!

Anonymous said...

Hi Larry,
I have a large Korean Lilac that is by the fence and it is about 6-8 feed across and is covered with luscious blossoms in pinkish lavender. It was bent over to the ground in the middle this past winter. The snow load was big and lasted a while. Now, however, the bush seems to be taking advantage of that gap and has filled it in with new growth that is also now blooming. What I see with your hostas looks pretty nice.

Far Side of Fifty said...

That first Hosta seems to have the faintest of white edged..or perhaps that is how it photographed.. Your Spirea is lovely...the spring blooming spireas usually bloom on old wood..so prune it some after it flowers..for form and shape..although it appears to be a very resilient plant! :)

Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats said...

There are so many kinds of Hostas...one nursery here has 'rare' ones at about $30 a piece!

Bouquet