Sunday, June 27, 2010

Free Spirit........


As a photographer I do look for good specimens to take, but I also like to find the natural looking a little unnatural.  The design quality of this coneflower is so informal and yet so expressive.  I don't have that many of these opened and in full color but the color of this one is stunning.
I saw a lot of photography on sale at the art festival in Des Moines and I do conclude that the photographer does need to leave their mark on their work just like one does in a painting.  Otherwise, all the pretty pictures do look like all the others who are taking pretty pictures.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stunning photo of the cone flower Larry.

Valerie said...

The cone flower looks as if it's in dancing pose. Wonderful.

Anonymous said...

This cone flower is an independent soul and a free spirit.

A kind of catch me if you can, sucker. You saw it and got the shot. And what a nice shot you got.

Christine H. said...

I think it's beautiful. From all of the individual shots of flowers from your garden, I imagine the garden as a whole must be spectacular.

Betsy Brock said...

It is a unique one! I don't think mine have opened yet!

The Retired One said...

I too am amazed at all the wonderful photography out there in the world by amateurs now with digital cameras....it is wonderful, really!

Sunny said...

The Cone flower says, "You don't have to be perfect to be beautiful."
☼ Sunny

Peony and Tulips....

  The flowers are getting a gentle rain this morning.  It  makes the soil and sub soil happier as our drought is less these days.