Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Hydrangea bloom.......


As they mature they become more white and less green.  I saw a variety in a magazine called limelight and I want to compare it to the one I have here.  I liked it because the shape of bud head was more pointed. I know this one is an old historic foundation plant that was handed back and forth throughout the community. I actually saw the limelight on sale at Kmart today but it really didn't look that much different from what I already have.


As a bonus photo I want to show you the whole plant.  I am going to take a couple of side shoots and move it to the other side of my steps.  The privet looks great against it but it dies down each winter and then sends out new sprouts each spring, thus it never gets very large.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You sure do have a variety of lovely plants Larry. The white, fluffy blooms in the top photo remind me of Button's pretty coat!!!

Glennis said...

A very snowy white flower.

claude said...

Very beautiful, Larry, Mine are in buds yet and are pink. I tried to get them bmue but with no success.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Very nice hydrangea..Limelight should have nice big heads too..my hydrangeas are coming along so slow..perhaps they need some fertilizer:)

The Retired One said...

Love the striking white in the summer...it is funny because after our long winters of nothing but white, I still like white flowers in the summer. ha

Reflection