Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Old Fashioned Rose.......



The rose that grows next to my house was here when I moved in to the place 32 years ago.  It was growing on the north and west side of my house and it just keeps spreading.  This is the rose that took a hit from my neighbor's weed spray.  It is tough.  It bloomed out  pretty well but now has started to just shoot out all new leaves.  I didn't get a chance to trim it back as it still is putting out a few blooms.
I have never been able to identify it but it is a one time bloomer and I assume is as old as the house.

5 comments:

Sunny said...

It looks like an old Victorian rose. How nice that it still blooms after all these years.
☼ Sunny

The Retired One said...

I sure love the smell of old fashioned roses..they fill the year up with scrumptous aroma!

Valerie said...

Roses really are sturdy. I really like the old fashioneds roses, they remind me of my grandmother's garden.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

That is really a beauty L.D. Glad the hit of weed killer didn't end it's life. How wonderful to have a rose that old still putting out lovely blooms every year.

FlowerLady

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hi Larry, They look like they had a little damage from the weed killer:( I love the old roses..carefree and they bloom their hearts out. How is that rose that you moved very late last fall doing..I hope it is alive as I encouraged you to plant it and protect it with leaves. That one was one of your Mothers Roses. :)

Peony and Tulips....

  The flowers are getting a gentle rain this morning.  It  makes the soil and sub soil happier as our drought is less these days.