Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Red Lily Day.......


We had another rain in the afternoon and I could tell by the radar that it would be done in less than twenty minutes.  We had sunshine and out I went to capture this Asian Lily.  It is the only bud that it developed on the stem so I didn't want to miss out on getting a shot of it.

I bought the bulb  in bloom from a man in Grand Marais, Minnesota probably seven summers ago.  It was at a Saturday farmers market and I love attending the ones that they have up there. The nice man apparently bought the bulbs and planted them individually in quart size pots and sold them to people like me.  I am a sucker for red so paying out four bucks for one of these was easy for me.  Even the two for seven dollars tempted me.

I do think I will move this after it is finished blooming as I want to it grow and enlarge and where I have it nothing seems to change.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is especially nice with the raindrops on it.

Glennis said...

Lovely bright red and looks pretty with th rain drops on it.

Valerie said...

I'm glad you got a shot of it, its a gorgeous flower. The raindrops show up a treat.

Anonymous said...

Red Lily is right. I think that is the most intense red I have seen in a lily.

I think you got the Viceroy too as they start in Northwest Territories and go to Mexico.

The Retired One said...

Striking red lily...they are some of my favorite garden flowers...and they come in such a wonderful variety of colors too--easy to grow!

Big and Small...

 The miniature daffodils are so petite compared to the normal sized daffodil. I don't think I have ever brought the small ones inside be...