Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Rumble seat........


Transportation being such a revolutionary idea with gas driven cars,  a rumble seat would be an obvious addition to add more people to the load.  I suppose two could sit together back there but the dust and the rain could be a problem.


Here is a look under the hood of this car.  I assume that it isn't the original engine as I can see devices that probably were invented at the beginning of the making of automobiles.

For some reason,  I don't have a picture of the actual car.  I guess I just shot the unusual parts of it. 

6 comments:

Lo said...

Great pix....incidentally.....I HAVE ridden in a rumble seat.......they were not for long journeys nor for rainy days. Glad some genius figured out how to put the back seat inside the car.

Anonymous said...

I can remember mama talking about riding in the rumble seat when she was little.
I posted about GA Tech's mascot, a 1930 Model A on Monday. They call it the Ramblin' Wreck from Ga Tech!
The photo you took under the hood of the car is great; my dad would have loved that!
Hope you have a great day!

claude said...

I love the olds cars !

Valerie said...

Perhaps there was no dust or rain in those days.... if that's the case we're really making up for it now... grins.

The Retired One said...

I LOVE rumble seats and I think it would be a blast on a wonderful sunny day to ride in it!

Far Side of Fifty said...

I of course wonder how safe was it to ride in them? It does look exciting..I bet on the dusty roads it was a real treat:)

Reflection