Monday, September 20, 2010

Turbulence.........


On our trip home on the plane I captured a bit of some turbulence.  It was a pretty smooth flight, all of the flihgts were out and back, but when arriving to Minneapolis there  was a wind of 25 mph that was giving the pilot grief.  The landing at that airport was so unbelievable as the closer we got to the ground the more the plane shook.  I truly believe that if we had not had seat belts on that we would have been tossed into the air out into the aisles.  When the plane wheels hit the ground, the plane wings were rocking up and down making us rock back and forth.  It probably was ten seconds of terror but all of a sudden gravity took over and we were down and rolling smoothly. I took this photo as we were nearing the airport.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's been many years since I have flown but that sounds very frightening; great photo you took. My 32 yr. old nephew has been working in MN for the last five years and has flown in and out of that airport many times. He just accepted a job in Jacksonville FL; I don't think he could tolerate another frigid winter in MN!!!

Martin said...

Turbulence and crosswinds are not what the nervous air passenger needs. I remember landing, after a short flight to Edinburgh, and the crosswinds made the plane twitch and skew as we touched down.

Glad you made it home, safely.

Valerie said...

I admire you for bothering to take a picture. I had one experience of turbulence when in a plane and vowed never to fly again ... fortunately the vow didn't last.

Sunny said...

Oh no! I'm having a flashback to my flight home from Dallas a few years ago.
Great capture! I'm glad you had a safe landing.
☼ Sunny

Russell said...

I've been away from the blogs for a few weeks so wanted to stop by and see what you have posted lately.

Sounds like you must have taken a trip! Maine perhaps? I'll come back and go through the past few weeks and try to catch up.

School has been beyond busy since late August. Always enjoy your blog and your excellent images and narrative.

Take care.

Betsy Brock said...

Those pink roses are beautiful! I have a white rose bush that I need to move soon. I hope it does well like yours!

Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats said...

Oh my...how calm you were to take a photo at that moment!

Reflection