Thursday, November 4, 2010

Onions.........


This summer my brother Ron from Arizona handed me some onion bulbs that were all connected together naturally.  He had received them as a gift from an Asian woman neighbor and he liked growing them.  So he gave me a cluster to start myself.  I broke them all apart and put them in some soil intended for growing violets.  The dining room window is a great place for them to get started. As you can see in two weeks I have onions.  I am curious to see if they put seed heads on the tips of the plant.  I will keep you posted.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep us posted. They look great in the sunny window.

Valerie said...

This might be a new trend... the cook of the house wouldn't have to go far to get an onion.

Sunny said...

I am anxious to see how they grow.
☼ Sunny

Christine H. said...

What a great idea. Keep us posted. I like the idea of being able to harvest green onions from my window sill, but I suppose it doesn't really represent any savings.

Far Side of Fifty said...

How about that an onion farm in your window..I think you need a greenhouse:)

Life Flight....

   Everyday and night the Life Flight helicopter is in action.  One time when I was out in the parking lot headed to my car I was able to se...