Monday, December 27, 2010

Monday's frosty morning.......

Hoar Frost
We had this on Sunday morning also but today the sun was shining which gave me more beautiful shots. This is a shot of my birch tree.  Without the frost it is just a bunch of bare branches.



Looking down Cedar Street.  The neighborhood looks wonderful and yet it is hard to get a good shot of nature without seeing the cars, houses, garbage cans and street poles. They don't look bad, they just don't help it to be a pure nature shot.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love both photos Larry and that first one of the tree is just beautiful with the blue sky.

Sunny said...

Beautiful! The snow against the lovely blue sky is gorgeous.
☼ Sunny

Far Side of Fifty said...

Great shots..I hate it when "stuff" gets in the way too..:)

Betsy Brock said...

Hoar Frost! There is nothing more beautiful!

The Retired One said...

Stunning!!! It is so ironic, Larry..we had hoarfrost here this morning and I was rushing around like a madwoman to get out there and get photos of it...it is my FAVORITE kind of winter photos..I LOVE it. Ours wasn't as thick as your tree..it is breathtaking. I'll be posting my photos in about a week or so...as I am behind in posting some of my shots and I don't want to get them out of order.

jennyfreckles said...

Wow, I love that first shot against the blue sky. Even though its been cold here we have never had frost like that.

Vivian aka Deborah said...

Wow, Larry!...these frost photos are awesome! Beautiful! Award winning! You should frame them or enter them into a contest or magazine....really.

Reflection