Sunday, January 2, 2011

Calipers, thimble........and

The things you find while digging through junk.  The thimble was a free item from an animal feed store.


This is small and made from wood.  It maybe was attached to something else but it is worth saving.  It is a mystery.


I am not stopping blogging but I am going to slow down for a while. It may be just pictures and a title for here on out.

I have a right hand with problems that I have to deal with for awhile.  My hammering hand, my hand that get's hit by falling items, and the hand that just does a lot of the major work on the end of my arm.

Diet may be the problem with too much sugar, cold weather may be the problem, an accident to the hand a year ago may have been it, and I don't want to say arthritis because that would mean old age.  Whatever the problem, I don't think keyboarding is the problem and yet I am going to give the hand and arm a rest. A couple of fingers are the ones with the major pain.  I will still be here and using the working of the mouse isn't  the problem.  The rest is a wait and see thing.

I will check in on a good day and say a few words even though some of  you are probably saying, the guy is going to finally shut up for a change.

4 comments:

Russell said...

Interesting. Perhaps if you show this to someone at a wood working store or to some other professional who works with wood and/or antiques you will get an answer.

It obviously fit in with something else given the groove, etc. At first I thought it was a tooth from a sickle mower - the kind I used to use to cut hay and which is still used today. The tooth, of course, had sharp edges and was attached to a bar.

This particular mystery object is very small - much smaller than a traditional sickle mower tooth. I will check back to see if you find an answer!

Take care.

The Retired One said...

The mystery object reminds me of part of a tool they used to tie a string on the grove part and hang it to find out if it was level...
take care of that very important artist's hand and fingers!

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed this post and your photos very much. I have a couple of old thimbles that are just sentimental to me. On your other blog, I offered my unsolicited medical advice (ha!) but I forgot to say that a microwaveable moist heat pack from the drug store would be helpful to your wrist/hand also. Mere suggestions from someone who's suffered with the same problems.

Far Side of Fifty said...

No idea on your mystery item..it is interesting..I hope someone knows what it is :)

Big and Small...

 The miniature daffodils are so petite compared to the normal sized daffodil. I don't think I have ever brought the small ones inside be...