Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Tuesday's rock of the day........


  It is a Lake Superior rock that has been pounded on the shore for hundreds of years to become this perfect oval shaped rock.  I had placed it in a planting out in the yard next to the gate.  When I saw it out there I thought I should bring it inside for a while and appreciate it.  It is egg shaped but actually larger than a baseball.

I don't know a lot about rocks but it reminds me of granite.  I don't know if it could be polished like a headstone at a cemetery but I will leave it just rough.

5 comments:

Valerie said...

It's really beautiful. I have a couple special rocks, not as big as yours but I love them just the same. Also a pair of bookends cut from a rock. One of these days I'll photograph them and put them on a blog.

Anonymous said...

Very interesting rock and a great photo. It would be interesting to see it "shined" up.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

What a neat rock! DH and I have a love for rocks and have a collection of all sizes.

FlowerLady

Far Side of Fifty said...

Looks like Granite to me..it has the right colors:)

The Retired One said...

I love all the rocks in Lake Superior..such a myriad of colors!

Reflection