Tuesday, April 19, 2011

My River Birch........


Sometimes when you buy plants and trees from a discount place, things just don't work out.  I don't buy their roses anymore and I stay away from some of the shrubs.  This river birch is another story.

I bought this five or six years ago and another tree for the neighbor lady.  They were inexpensive at the end of the year.  I am sure I read the tag, but I thought I was buying clump birch.  Thanks to a blogger friend, Connie, I had it properly identified and I am really glad that I bought it.  My neighbor lady isn't so sure she likes her tree, but it is thinner and taller than mine with the same textured bark. Mine looks like a disheveled mess all the time as it puts out this wonderful sloughing bark.

6 comments:

The Retired One said...

Wow..what a fantastic tree full of texture..love it!

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

....and ya captured it so very well man!!! What a magnificent photo!

Hey guy, I'm havein' a Happy Easter Giveaway, it's jewelry but I sure betcha know someone who loves great baubles!!! :o)

God bless and have a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

That really is a wonderful tree! What a great find/bargain!

claude said...

Your tree is very curious, Larry ! I have never see this before.

Valerie said...

That's really something, Larry. Love the tree and the photograph.

Far Side of Fifty said...

It is one of my favorite trees..love that bark..I am so glad you can grow them there..I am also very jealous..as it is too cold here for them to survive. That bark just has personality plus:)

Bouquet