Thursday, July 14, 2011

Catalpa Tree...........


When I mention down on the farm, from here on out, it means the farm in which my wife was raised.  This is one of maybe three catalpa trees that are down on the farm.  Their flowers in spring are so wonderful and then those bean pods are like Christmas decorations dangling and swinging in the breeze. I was down on the farm working the past week.


This is a borrowed photo of the catalpa blooms in spring.  When I researched this tree is seems to stop growing west of Iowa and originated from out east.  There are dozens of types of this tree.

4 comments:

Valerie said...

I've not heard of catalpa trees before. Have you got a picture of the flowers?

Anonymous said...

The tree is beautiful. It looks very peaceful down on the farm.

L. D. said...

I added on the flowering blooms because of Valerie's request. I don't remember which site it came from but I think it was Wipedia.

claude said...

What a very tall tree ! Very beautiful blooming.

Tall and Short....

 At four in the morning and one is walking the empty hallways, one never knows what the camera might shoot.