Friday, July 22, 2011

Moss Garden......


This is a natural moss garden that I have in a shaded area.  I did not create it as it just is there.  The daylily that I put into the photo is one that I knocked off of a plant while I was weed eating along the flowers.  The moss is growing on a piece of rock that is flagstone.

The same kind of stone in which my foundation of  the kitchen was created probably over one hundred years ago. There was a basement put in under my old house in the Fourties and they didn't put it under the kitchen, so the original foundation is still there. I dig up stray pieces of flagstone in the yard and I don't know why it is there.  I also find bricks  six inches under the soil. I guess someone just liked to bury their building trash in the ground.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The moss is very nice. Two of my previous houses had lots of construction material buried near the foundation. Each time I would go to plant flowers, I would dig up more!

Alan Burnett said...

I am remarkably fond of moss and I like the idea of a moss garden. I must search the garden to check if I already have one.

Lucas Kain said...

Amazing! I keep getting surprised by nature, daily. You can make it a place for meditation and serenity. :)

___
Story telecom

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Moss is such a wonderful addition to any garden. It looks lovely with the daylily laying on it, a nice contrast.

Have a great weekend ~ FlowerLady

Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats said...

I love moss too...it's rich green can seem to make a hot day cooler just looking at it.

Balance of Strong Colors....

  The Rembrandt kind of tulips are just now starting to bloom. The colors are so vibrant.