Monday, August 1, 2011

Getting my ducks in a row.........again!


This is an archived photo to fit my theme for the day.  We turned the house in Osceola over to a realtor and the only one thing he found wrong was that I needed to mow and cut down the weeds.

  Yes, I have been ill and yes it has been two weeks so we will head down this morning very early while it is still under 80 degrees.  The grass is very dry so it isn't hard to get that done, but the heat has made all the weeds grow large.  I have an electric weed eater so I will take a long cord down and get the job done. My lungs are still a little touchy and if it gets to be too much I will just go back again the next day.  It is over an hour's drive to get there so I hope I don't have to return.

My own yard is about five inches tall but that is good as it is the only green looking yard in the neighborhood.  It was again not by choice that I don't have it done but it looks like it is a good thing that I don't have mine cut short like everyone around me.  Maybe Tuesday I can address that problem and  have more of my ducks in a row by then.

Thanks for stopping in and do stay cool, no matter where you are.

2 comments:

Valerie said...

I'm sorry you've been unwell. Whatever happens don't overdo the clearing up. Love the ducks in a row. Take care now.

Russell said...

Yes, stay cool. The heat is oppressive. Too much.

Enjoyed your photo from the Machine Shed -- one of the very best restaurants in Iowa!

Take care of yourself.

Big and Small...

 The miniature daffodils are so petite compared to the normal sized daffodil. I don't think I have ever brought the small ones inside be...