Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Jars Extravaganza........


I spent the morning Monday helping sort through iron and junk on a farm.  I of course have a new batch of bottles to add to my collection of old jars. Vick's Vapor Rub and Noxema Face Cream both sold their products in the cobalt blue jars.  Some of the other jars here are ones I don't recognize.   The off center opening of the one clear bottle is an interesting bottle. I found a number of those and I don't know what would have been sold in the jar.

If my photos seem better than ever it is because that I am using my wife's camera to take my photos now.  It is a lot better than my point and shoot in which I lost the monitor function.  If the pictures seem blurry also it is because I am trying to figure out all the different settings.  The camera has a macro setting that doesn't work for me but the flower and macro setting at the same time seems to be the answer for close up shots.

4 comments:

Sunny said...

Oh how I LOVE little bottles and jars, especially colbalt blue. They look great on a window ledge.
☼ Sunny

Valerie said...

Old bottles are interesting. I love trying to fathom what they were used for. Interestingly, our bottle recycling centres don't cater for blue bottles. White, brown and green only. I wonder why?

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Those jars are wonderful!!! Maybe that clear one was for honey? Just a wild guess.

Have fun learning your wife's camera and have a great week.

FlowerLady

Far Side of Fifty said...

You are doing good with Della's Camera! I have seen those off center bottles..but I have no idea what they were used for. I have a big collection of old jars and bottles at the museum..:(

Great Specimen

  The variegated red twig is doing well this  year. The rains of little amount still did revive it from its winter slumber.  The bush was pl...