Friday, September 23, 2011

A guest photographer.......


I was out taking a few pictures and while I was near the zinnia patch I counted five monarchs  feeding on the blooms.  I know my wife loves butterflies so I just quit shooting and sent her out to take a few shots.

Of course she got this beauty of a shot with two butters feeding at the same time.  The migration hasn't really started yet that goes through here but this is a sign that it might be soon. With our extreme cold last night, almost freezing, they had better get going and get out of the state.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Della & Larry! I love this photo. Thank you so much for sharing these beautiful butterflies.

Have a nice weekend.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

What a lovely picture. Hope they make it to warmer weather.

FlowerLady

Valerie said...

What a fabulous photograph. It is so artistic, just like a painting.

claude said...

Great captures, Larry ! You are a lucky man !

Far Side of Fifty said...

Two in one photo..excellent! Della is a great photographer! :)

Great Specimen

  The variegated red twig is doing well this  year. The rains of little amount still did revive it from its winter slumber.  The bush was pl...