Saturday, November 19, 2011

Houses......


It has been the season of life for my wife and I to have been involved with disposing of our parents homes.  My parents home has involved a three year adventure of removing the things that three people could accumulate in one dwelling and one garage for over thirty years.  It then was the journey of getting the house into shape for it's sale.  The house my Dad built back in 1978 now has a new owner as of noon on Friday.

In October my wife's parents and grandparents house, shown above, was demolished and sent to the landfill.  The above house had it's cement fiber shingles removed and the house was then crushed.  Truck loads of debris were removed and the metal appliances were sorted for recycle.

In less than a month's period my wife and I have seen these major changes take place.  One would never believe that it would have happened within a four week period for the both of us.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know it has been a stressful time. From my experience this past March, it is a burden lifted but it is also sad. May God bless you and Della. I wish you both a blessed holiday season.

troutbirder said...

These responsibilities are often so hard depending on all the circumstances. Sometimes it seems like hauling away on memories. I do love those burning bushes in the fall and have about a dozen lining the road in front of our house. Of course, I forgot to take pictures as usual until it was too late.... Oh well. :)

Martin said...

Not an easy time for you, Larry. I know how it feels to lose a family home. For me, it was as though an anchor had been lifted, and I was suddenly, slightly adrift. Things tend to settle down again though, with time.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Finally one house is sold and another removed..big changes..whatever will you do with all your free time now since you don't have to take care of other peoples "stuff"?

I am so happy that you finally closed on your parents home..patience finally paid off:)

Big and Small...

 The miniature daffodils are so petite compared to the normal sized daffodil. I don't think I have ever brought the small ones inside be...