Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Wednesday's old things.........


One of my older photos that I haven't shared is my still life of old jars.  I see I have one of those rubber seal rings balanced on the lid of the one lead zinc lids.  With winter coming and one property off my list of responsibility I maybe can start messing with my old things collections.  Maybe I can even toss some of them and high grade the collections to keeping only the good stuff

When I say lead zinc lids I remember that they have a ceramic interior on the inside of the lid so it doesn't contaminate or react to the food.

5 comments:

Hilary said...

Those are some beautiful old jars, Larry. Each has its own colour tinge and shape making them unique and lovely.

Anonymous said...

I love the old jars. Larry (brother) once lived on Lake Hartwell on the SC border, and was constantly digging up old jars. I love them.

claude said...

Nice post, Larry, and the previous one, too.

Alan Burnett said...

I remember you old bottle collection with fondness from a year or eighteen months ago when you posted quite a series of photos, Lovely objects.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I think they were called Zinc lids..and that looks like a torpedo jar to me..much more collectible than the plain ones...the glass is thinner and it makes them more fragile. I wanted to put marbles in one once upon a time..bad idea..I broke the jar as I was dropping the marbles in. Luckily I had a few to spare! :)

Big and Small...

 The miniature daffodils are so petite compared to the normal sized daffodil. I don't think I have ever brought the small ones inside be...