Saturday, December 17, 2011

It's Christmas Time in the City......


When I was young in the fourth grade I had a jealous moment of the sixth grade class.  We were practicing for a school music show and our small class of 21 students sang our puny sounding song.  Two classes later, the sixth graders, started to sing their song.  My brother Dwight was in that class and it was a large class of 36 or more students.

They were a badly behaved class and they were shifting and giggling and not paying attention to the teacher.  The piano started up and then they all started singing "Silver Bells." It was so wonderful.  It was a wonderful song.  The large group made it sound like a real choir and I was so sad that I was stuck in a small class.  Whenever I hear that song of "Silver Bells" I think of that day and also  now of my brother who we lost three years ago.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a great memory, Larry. Blessings to you this Christmas season.

Hilary said...

Larry, that's such a tender memory. The loss of your brother must be so strongly felt, especially at this time of the year. It's touching that the bell ornament brings his memory alive for you.

Michael and Hanne said...

Beautiful colors today!

Ruby said...

colorful bell, wonderful memories! :)

Far Side of Fifty said...

What a great memory of times gone by..and a beautiful ornament:)

Peony and Tulips....

  The flowers are getting a gentle rain this morning.  It  makes the soil and sub soil happier as our drought is less these days.