Thursday, December 15, 2011

Locomotive.........


Locomotive is a strange word and I doubt the diesel engines gets to be called that. I hurriedly put out the only train I could find around my one tree last night. There were two styles of trains in the set that belonged to my Dad and apparently the old fashion engine and all the cars that fit the style with the track are in another box somewhere in the store room. So no track makes it less restrictive to display it.  If I had a lot of train parts I think a train car Christmas tree would look neat.

5 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

nice looking train engine! :)

Anonymous said...

What a great picture this makes and I love your header picture too.

Michael and Hanne said...

Locomotive is indeed a strange word, coined in the 19th C to distinguish a moving steam engine from a stationary one. It seems to be used more in N America than in UK where the words railway engine are used. We saw a diesel engine like yours pulling a train in Leavenworth WA with Santa Fe on it. Good post. Thanks for sharing. Oh by the way it's means it is. Not bad. only one typo! Cheers from Penticton BC

Alan Burnett said...

Michael and Hanne are probably right but locomotive still occasionally gets used in the UK, normally prefaced by the word "steam"

L. D. said...

I resolved my it's problem by removing it and adding many more words. (It's cars) should have been written (its cars). I have been doing that error apparently for half a century in a very incorrect way.

Reflection