Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Photo contest revisited....I won!

 A free photo contest can be found on My Retirement Chronicles in which you may enter a photo.  It is a great way to show your work as a photographer and to see others who have taken shots trying to fit a certain theme for the month.

I have entered the contest frequently in spite of my camera's limitations and sometimes my own limitations but each person tries to present their best photo for the contest.



I posted earlier on one of my blogs a variety of photos I was interested in sending and I really did have a difficult time choosing one.  Many times photos can be bright and colorful and other times the composition is unique and expressive. I had to choose from a variety of styles of shots and I just happen to pick the right one.  I won!!!!!!!

You can view all of the others that entered the contest for December by visiting the following blog.
Click the gray area below here and you can see the words to click for the site.

Bookmark that page or follow the site as there are so many wonderful shots of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan posted often.  She is a great photographer and has a wonderful place to shoot photos.


The photo I was  taking was of my wife's angel tree and it's ornaments.  It sits in our art gallery and as I was snapping photos of the ornaments I noticed a figure behind the tree.  I thought it would be interesting to see how I could use the figure of Christ, one of my wife's Pastel paintings, as a background for the shot.

I guess I found the message of the painting and the angel tree seemed to have blended and belonged together for the season of Christmas.  The lighting on the tree and the lighting in the painting were coming from the same direction. Since Christmas is what my wife and I  celebrate at the holiday season I felt it appropriate for my Epitome of the Holidays.

I will never know if the photograph won for it's inventiveness or if my wife is just a great painter.

Maybe it was a little bit of both.


The winning photo for the December contest.

Thanks for stopping by my post. 


3 comments:

dellartist said...

Wonderful photo! I am so proud of you!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I would say that both you and Della are very talented.

Valerie said...

I haven't seen latest Retirement Chronicles yet... I shall hop over there straight away. Congratulations, Larry, your picture really does show the spirit of Christmas.

Great Specimen

  The variegated red twig is doing well this  year. The rains of little amount still did revive it from its winter slumber.  The bush was pl...