Monday, January 2, 2012

Treasures and mostly trash.......


I think that the easy thing to do for my mom and dad was to throw all the loose things into a box rather that organize it.  Dad had boxes full of things that related to business papers as well  to old war photos mixed in to the fray.  Usually a stray photo of a grandchild ended up in the box even if it didn't fit a category.  The penguin decoration above had one of the boys photos in it and I am sure that was given to them thirty years ago. Mom's jewelry was stored in boxes as well as a jewelry box. It was all costume dime store things.  I someday will get it sorted out and send it to the five granddaughters.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The top drawer of my dad's bedroom chest was like this.

I have a blog friend whose daughter used vintage costume jewelry to create "bouquets" for her wedding party. You cannot imagine how beautiful they turned out!

The Retired One said...

How wonderful to find these little boxes of treasures all over...I am sure the granddaughters will love receiving those old costume jewelry things too...many girls are now re-designing them into funky pieces of new jewelry so they will probbably have fun with that!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Looks like a fun box to me! Have a good week Larry:)

Anonymous said...

Hi Larry, I talked John into letting me post the contents of his cigar box on my blog tonight!

Big and Small...

 The miniature daffodils are so petite compared to the normal sized daffodil. I don't think I have ever brought the small ones inside be...