Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Barnabas loves the snow..............

 

Many times he will just go out and find a place to roll around in the snow.  I know he has a heavy coat and that he gets too warm in the house.  So when it snows, he loves it, and sometimes just lays around in it.


Dog in motion, which is what border collies do. They are always in motion. He is so excited because the neighbor bunch of small dogs were just let out into their backyard and a squirrel is above him on a branch.


Dog at rest. Barney was a little tiffed with me because I had left his yard to scoop a sidewalk.  He was ready for me to return. Once I was back he then got up to patrol his fence again.

This is another three photo day instead of just one.  I have too many photos to deal out to do just one at a time.

10 comments:

claude said...

Hello Larry !
I think any dog loves snow.
On last sunday we got 3 inches and more of snow, but we have no dog.

Valerie said...

I can see Barney enjoys the snow. That's nice. My dogs would never lie in the snow.

laveta'splace said...

Too bad cats aren't like dogs. Our cat hates the snow with a passion.
I know how you feel about just one photo a day. That was my plan, but sometimes you've gotta do more. Me, I'm just going to do at least one (or more) a day for at least a year.
Thanks for visiting my site. I'm enjoying yours very much.

Karen said...

You should build a snow-dog for Barney! Glad you two had fun in the snow.

Martin said...

The third photograph in the sequence is super, Larry.

Alan Burnett said...

Great photos Larry. Amy is no lover of snow and has difficulty in understanding the concept of being too warm

troutbirder said...

Barney's routines and love of the snow are exactly the same as my Barons. Exactly. :)
r.e. the ladyslippers I do have some large yellow ones in my woodland garden. Unfortunately my small collection of the showy pinks (our state flower) was destroyed by my neighbors rampant escaped domestic rabbits... grrrrr.

Anonymous said...

Barney is so sweet! I love that last photo the best! We have to put sweaters on Harriet even in the Spring here!

George said...

These are wonderful pictures of Barnabas in the snow. I can remember when I used to enjoy being out in the snow -- now I like to enjoy my snow through a window when I'm beside a roaring fire!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Border Collies have such fun in the snow..Barney is looking good! :)

Reflection