Monday, March 5, 2012

'tis the gift to be simple........

'tis the gift to be free.  A practice shot of an old mixing bowl of my grandmothers. The apple was sent outside to feed the squirrels as it has been around way too long.

I found the song that I was thinking of when I see this photo.  I had earlier posted it  as "it is good to be simple."  As usual I was way off base.


'Tis the gift to be simple, 'tis the gift to be free
'Tis the gift to come down where we ought to be,
And when we find ourselves in the place just right,
Twill be in the valley of love and delight.
a Quaker song.............

3 comments:

laveta'splace said...

A lovely little song. And a lovely little simple photo. I like them both

claude said...

I like everything on this post, Larry.
The female cardinal is really very pretty.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I have that same bowl..but I don't mix anything in it..it is a dust catcher:)

On The Roof......

  The best place to park your helicopter really isn't on the roof but it works at the hospital.  They do have a ground area to land if i...