Friday, April 13, 2012

Beautiful Blooms



I snapped a photo of my neighbors lilac.  It was a purchased plant which is a different color than the traditional purple or lavenders that I have all over my property. My lilacs came from Minnesota as starts from a bush that I had in front of an old cabin that I owned.  My white lilacs came from the neighbors in the alley.

The freeze didn't seem to bother any of the them.  They actually  bloomed a lot earlier than usual and they are going to start dropping their flowers with the rains and wind that we are now experiencing.




7 comments:

Alan Burnett said...

What beautiful colours Larry. That particular shade seems to be almost unique to lilacs and it is a lovely shade.

George said...

I'm glad the freeze didn't harm the lilacs. We don't have many around here, but I remember them from the house in which I lived as a young boy.

♥AMBre said...

J'adore le lilas, merci Larry :)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous lilac!

Karen said...

Beautiful lilac, Larry! The irises are in bloom here.

Ruby said...

Very beautiful flowers!!! Wonderful shot!

ScrappySandie said...

Oh, what beautiful lilacs! I think I can smell them! Great picture!

On The Roof......

  The best place to park your helicopter really isn't on the roof but it works at the hospital.  They do have a ground area to land if i...