Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Bloom Time......


I bought this iris at least ten years ago and the label on it was "Portrait of Larry."  I went back to the catalog and it's name was  actually "Portrait of Laurie" which was a miner mistake.  Being a Larry I was at first pleased to see it was named after me but no such luck.

 I moved this iris away from an encroaching set of raspberry plants.  I just moved it last  year and it bounced back this spring as if it was never moved. It seems to be growing many new rhizomes which is a great thing.  It is planted very near my river birch but it seems to like it's location.



5 comments:

Hilary said...

It's a beauty. And you can of course call it Larry if you like. ;)

♥AMBre said...

Magnifique !

Linda said...

Just gorgeous!

George said...

This is a beautiful iris. I think it should be called 'Portrait of Larry'.

claude said...

Beautiful mecro, Larry !

The Capitol.....

 A shot through a large window creates an unusual yet usual effect. The Iowa State Capital has new gold leaf on its dome.