Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Green Apples......


This is the tree that didn't have a single bloom last year and no apples.  When it does have apples they are usually really bad.  I spray and nothing changes. They have a scab and are insect riddled.   So this year the tree is loaded with apples.  They are mostly clear and clean looking.  I can't figure it out.  I didn't take time to spray this year and  had given up on ever have apples that could be harvested for our use.  This year we will have pie.

I don't know the variety but one of the criteria when I order apple trees is the statement "they are good cooking apples and great for pie."

6 comments:

claude said...

Wonderful, Larry ! Beautiful apples !

Alan Burnett said...

My goodness, your apples are much further ahead than ours. And if our tree could produce fruit such as this I would be more than happy. Lovely.

Linda said...

Beautiful, Larry!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Wonderful looking apples! Yes you shall have a few pies! :)

Karen said...

What a gorgeous green! I love your header photo too!

Anonymous said...

They look wonderful and I can just imagine pie with ice cream!

Peony and Tulips....

  The flowers are getting a gentle rain this morning.  It  makes the soil and sub soil happier as our drought is less these days.