Wednesday, September 5, 2012

A Quick Bite........Then Leave.



I have a group of three or four hummers who have decided to eat at my feeder.  I normally haven't  had any the past few years but I suspect the blooms with nectar are not out there this year. My neighbor's down the  block seemed to have a great feeding station so I could not entice them to come my way.  But this year I must have great tasting sugar water.

Along with hummingbirds one also has hummingbird wars as they chase each other away from their feeder. I have one male with a bright red neck marking that hopefully will be in my camera lens in the near future.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have a perfect spot for capturing great photos. They are greedy little fellows!

Valerie said...

How wonderful to have such beauties in your garden. When I read the post title I thought you were off on vacation ... after a quick bite.

George said...

These are wonderful hummingbird pictures. I know how difficult it is to get a good picture of these quick characters. We have the same 'wars' at our hummingbird feeders.

Big and Small...

 The miniature daffodils are so petite compared to the normal sized daffodil. I don't think I have ever brought the small ones inside be...