Thursday, January 24, 2013

Gazing into space......


Another junco photo to show you.  I have a bright red cardinal that sits in the bushes and eats the berries from the juniper evergreen next to it.  It is a beautiful sight but I have yet to snap the perfect photo.  It has been too cold to just hang outside to wait for that perfect shot.  I noticed New York City news people were whining about their 24 degrees temperatures this morning.  Our high today will 12 degrees sometime this afternoon.  We are sitting at 3 degrees F. That is  translated into a  --16.111111 C.

The bird feeder is one of my favorites that my wife gave to me many years ago.  It has a little rusty water on it but it isn't rusty.  I had it soaking in a water barrel and I didn't take time to wash it down after its soaking.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice photo. You and Connie (Far Side) have some of the coldest temps of any of my blog friends.

claude said...

Giving seeds and water to the little birds in winter is a good thing. They need our help.

Valerie said...

Brrr! My that's cold... I don't think I would survive in those temperatures. It's cold here but nowhere near as cold as where you live. Love the bird feeder, and the bird of course.

troutbirder said...

We've got tons of jucoes too. Still all the birds flitting around warms the soul on these bitterly cold mornings....

Karen said...

TOOOOO COLD for sure! How many weeks til Spring??

On The Roof......

  The best place to park your helicopter really isn't on the roof but it works at the hospital.  They do have a ground area to land if i...