Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Wonderful Scents........


The lilacs are coming out right now.  It is a wonderful thing, they are so beautiful.  Then the problem with them is I am all congested and unable to breathe.  We can't bring in bouquets so I will just snap photos and they will be scent free.


The other color that I have on the property is this light lavender colored one.  They are always later in their blooming cycle than the white ones.  The neighbors across the alley have white ones laying on the ground as our heavy snow a few weeks ago broke them down.  As soon as we walk out our door we can smell these blooms.

3 comments:

ScrappySandie said...

Both lilac pictures are lovely! The white are my favorite but I'll always like the old fashioned lavender ones too! I'm jealous of your lilacs...I have one small bush in my yard and it bloomed for the first time this year, but only one spray of blossoms!

Valerie said...

How interesting... my white lilac flowers AFTER the lavender.

L. D. said...

I have a redish purple one that is about a foot high and I don't think I will ever see it bloom in my lifetime. These bushes are so very old, 35 or more years old.

Great Specimen

  The variegated red twig is doing well this  year. The rains of little amount still did revive it from its winter slumber.  The bush was pl...