Monday, June 24, 2013

Hard Working Tool.........


To shock my Photo a Day followers,  I won't post a flower bud of any kind today.  I am working on a desk and I took a picture of the only sander that I have that works.  My better sander broke and this little guy was my last resort.  He worked well and I changed the sandpaper often to get that finish off of the top of it.

I learned my sanding procedures from watching a man sand down a basketball court.  He used one sanding piece the whole length of the gym, flipped it over and returned on a new path.  Then he threw that sanding pad away and got a new one.  I wonder how many years I spent sanding down furniture that could have been done faster if I had changed the sandpaper more often.

3 comments:

Valerie said...

I remember my father using a sander. It always fascinated me how smooth everything was.

Karen said...

Tools! What would we do without them?!

Anonymous said...

That's a lovely piece. You'll have to share the finished piece with us.

Reflection