Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Oldie......


This iris is a transferred plant from my neighbors next door to my yard.  It  happened many years ago when an older couple lived next door.  They had been in Woodward for many years and the plants in their yard were traditional, and older established plants for the early 1900's.  I have had a hard time to get this one to bloom but I kept moving it around on the property until it would bloom for me. It is one of those medium sized plants that puts out smaller blooms in comparison to the hybrid ones with long stems.  The wind has knocked it down so I may move a section of it after blooms to a quieter location.

2 comments:

ScrappySandie said...

You have such a nice variety of irises...beautiful! That black one looks elegant. My favorite is the smaller Dutch iris, bluish-purple.

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful.

Reflection