Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Hollyhocks on Display.........



I whined a few years back because I didn't have any red hollyhocks.  While walking down our alley and seeing a neighbor up the way had oh so many hollyhocks that were red. I noticed some had seeded.  It took a few years and I now have red hollyhocks.  The plants were actually on an abandoned property that they are just now trying to get the roof repaired on that property and trees have been removed from the front yard.  I think the guy who lives in a camper is planning to move into the house. It is a neat but rundown Victorian house on main street.  I really like my red flowers.

4 comments:

claude said...

Very pretty.
I have two little packets of seeds, but I do not know where planting them.

lark said...

Beautiful! I have a red hollyhock blooming now as well,and my story as to how I attained it is almost identical to yours!
But I think yours is a richer red than mine. It is just lovely.

Valerie said...

Those flowers will always bring back memories. I wish I knew someone with hollyhocks so I could pinch a few seeds.

Anonymous said...

They are delightful!

Big and Small...

 The miniature daffodils are so petite compared to the normal sized daffodil. I don't think I have ever brought the small ones inside be...