Thursday, October 24, 2013

Glazed......


The pots that I created as demonstrations are finally finished.  I subbed in the art room for a few days and demonstrated the potter's wheel.  I ended up with four different pieces. I subbed another day in there a week or so ago and had time to get glaze brushed on them.  I was not familiar with any of the glazes so it was really an challenge of reading the labels and guessing the colors.  Glaze turns color after it is heated so you may put a light color glaze on a pot and it turns blue when fired. The one bowl looks like I had squirted chocolate syrup in it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty!

Linda said...

They are lovely, Larry!

Great Specimen

  The variegated red twig is doing well this  year. The rains of little amount still did revive it from its winter slumber.  The bush was pl...