Friday, October 4, 2013

Rainy Days Are Great.........


As I was picking up pears from the ground I could see large cracks in our soil.  The rains have been going on for the past five or six hours.  We have had three different fronts coming in from Omaha and it is great.  South of us the winds were bad but we seem to have missed the damaging winds.  Staff and students were coming in this morning frazzled as they didn't have electricity at their homes.

Automatic cameras are so wonderful but sometimes it focuses on only one thing and the other same kind of objects are blurred.  I still liked the color and the arrangement of the photo.  The dead shriveled flower next to the new bud is there by accident as I normally keep the violets cleaned up from the dead debris.  I guess it tells the story of the life cycle of a plant not that I need to find meaning in it.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm thankful you received rain but not the damaging winds. This is a pretty violet.

Valerie said...

Your weather goes from one extreme to the other.

I like the picture. The dead violet made the live ones look extra special.

Big and Small...

 The miniature daffodils are so petite compared to the normal sized daffodil. I don't think I have ever brought the small ones inside be...